Our client is a highly innovative biopharmaceutical company in rare diseases. Headquartered in the USA, they are already a global force with offices in over 20 countries.
New to the Japan market, they are in a startup phase. Their pipeline is highly innovative and covers a range or therapeutic areas including rare diseases, oncology, CNS and infectious diseases.
The purpose of the role is to develop the multi year marketing strategy for Japan in collaboration with international team and coutry manager of Japan. This will include defining the goals and objectives, creating the systems and capabilities and building and training a strong and committed team to deliver the marketing strategy. You will be responsible for assessing country and regional needs, disease awareness campaigns and activities and identifying KOLs and other advocates.
The company is at a startup stage in Japan and you will be at in the core team to develop the company in all areas from systems, processes to culture and vision.
• Provide strategic direction for, and tactical execution of, marketing activities in Japan.
• Development of marketing plans, and contribute to the global marketing team.
• Ensure successful commercialization initiatives and contribute to building the Japan commercial organization as the sales force is built and deployed.
• Establish, implement and maintain "best practices" and SOPs in brand/disease development marketing and helps the company to translate these into commercial/salesforce strategy and execution.
• Identify and management critical market issues and create solutions that deliver market shaping and market development opportunities.
• Collaborate with other functional Japan and global teams/individuals for business case development for further indications/opportunities across multiple products/therapeutic areas.
• Ensures market information is acquired and patient needs are identified. Works within relevant program teams as a leader or member.
• Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
• Proven success in commercial operations in Japan, preferably with biopharma.
• Experience with rare diseases.
• Biotech or startup experience is beneficial but not essential.
• Launch experience is essential.
• Demonstrated the ability to build an organization/function effectively and be part of a high-performing team.
• Shown the skills necessary to develop marketing and commercial plans for Japan, working within a global organization.
• Ability to influence without direct authority.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and skills.
• Fluent in Japanese, business level English (verbal and written) for international communication.
• Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
• Master’s degree in a related discipline.
• Previous success in a sales role and clear understanding of effective sales techniques.
• Capacity to travel occasionally: 20-50%