Our client is a top global pharma company headquartered in Europe.
We have worked closely with this client for many years and have an excellent understanding of their challenges, culture and people.
The company has invested heavily in R&D over the past 10-years. As a result, their pipeline is strong across a range of therapeutic areas.
Going through a period of exciting transformation, their portfolio is focused on biologics and advanced therapies for CNS rare diseases.
They have a highly unique in-licensing strategy which prioritized Japan and Japanese patient populations.
In addition, they are genuinely aligned to patient centricity and needs.
Your role will be to develop an overall strategy for market access across all therapeutic areas, and facilitate delivery though your team of 5 experienced market access and pricing professionals.
• Develop a commercial market access and pricing strategy for each therapeutic area in collaboration with stakeholders and team.
• To communicate and align the team with vision and strategy for market access and pricing.
• To develop the capabilities, resources and systems within the organization that will deliver sustainable and consistent high levels of market access and value-based pricing for the company.
• To be an advocate for Japan on the global stage with the headquarters and regional teams.
• To develop relationships on influence with Diet, Cabinet Office, PMs Office, MHLW, PMDA, industry associations, patient groups and NGOs that will support influence of health policy in Japan for the benefit of the company's patient populations.
• To manage projects for completion within deadlines, scope, budget and expectations.
People Management Responsibilities:
• Manage a team of 5-6 professionals in market access and pricing.
• Ensure that the team is aligned with the vision mission and goals of the company.
• Ensure that the team is engaged in decision making and the strategic direction through collaboration.
• Ensure that the team is motivated and equipped to deliver on responsibilities.
• Create a supportive, high-performance and happy working culture.
• Management of people management related processes including performance reviews, absence reporting etc.
• Minimum 10-years in a commercial pharma role. Marketing, public affairs, market access, NPP etc.
• Min. 2-3 years in market access and pricing for a pharmaceutic company.
• Project management and/or strategy experience is a benefit.
• People management experience is essential.
• Japanese - Native level spoken, writing/reading.
• English - Business level fluency is required.