A rare and exciting opportunity to join a top-10 global pharma company, founded on the values to do good in the field of global health healthcare.
● In their long history, they have done arguable more than any other pharma company for the global public health through R&D and access to their medicines.
● They are leaders in the multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, rare diseases, infectious/communicable diseases, cardiovascular and others.
● Over the part few years they have modernized their organization to become one of the best places to work in pharma in Japan.
● They have worked very hard to change their organization to be more flexible and adaptive to circumstances. For that reason, they need experienced people who can solve problems by themselves, strategize and add something to the business.
They now need an Associate Director of Business Development & Alliances (BD&L) to continue the next chapter of their story.
● Search and evaluation of in-licensing targets for the Japan and potentially global portfolio.
● Identify potential out-licensing opportunities in Japan for global portfolio drugs,
● Negotiation of terms with partners.
● Alliance management including the expansion of the partnership.
● At least 5+ years of experience in a BD&L role for a large pharma organization.
● At least 10+ years of experience in a pharma organization.
● Experience of negotiating with high level stakeholders.
● Fluency in Japanese and English is required for this role.
● You must be resident in Japan.
● An academic qualification (PhD) in a bioscience and/or some time in an R&D role would be desirable for this role.