When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive -all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment
The Solutions Architecture will be a key member of the Professional Services Team. He/she will be responsible for working on key implementation, migration and delivery related customer engagements for local Japanese customers. If you want to work closely with the customer, you should strongly consider this role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides proactive recommendations to the customer for improving their use of my client`s storage solutions to help maximize their satisfaction. Actively contributes to the configuration, layout and performance tuning of products.
- Technical knowledge on various Storage products
- Good understanding on IT Operations, ITIL Processes, Policies, and Compliance with exposure and familiarity on a Shared Services type of operations on both regional and global infrastructure.
- Experience in managing storage migration technology.
- Participates in the design and operational execution of the customer's disaster recovery process as required. Performs necessary storage infrastructure maintenance and necessary data migration, as required. Provides assistance to technical teams in the development of custom solutions and implementation preparation.
- Responsible for performing daily operational tasks and maintaining availability at the customer site(s). Provisions solutions based on standardized procedures as outlined by best practice documentation.
- Installs software products in a Mainframe and/or Open Systems hardware environment. Performs complex and/or extended-stay software implementations per the specifications in the Statement of Work, Scope document, Architecture Design Document or Project Manager direction.
- Manager relationship with Customers utilizing negotiation and influencing skills to acquire the internal and external resources necessary for optimal results.
- Seeks advice or assistance from management and/or Technical Support as required during difficult customer situations. Works in conjunction with colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations.
- Represents in a professional manner to customers, Partners and other personnel at all times. May be required to support and train both customers and less experienced co-workers.
- Network, Server, Storage or Cloud tech support or delivery experience
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Level 2 or Level 3 System Administration in Unix flavors such as Solaris or HPUX or AIX or Linux Redhat.
- Preference to have worked on Windows Server Environment.
- Data Migration skill set using host based utilities such as LVM Mirroring, VxVM Mirroring and etc.
- Knowledge in SAN/EMC Products is advantageous.
- Knowledge in VMWare/Virtualization is nice to have
- Native Japanese