Global consumer goods company
Global consumer goods company
This position is responsible for all the company related PR activities for the Japan office and reports to Communication Director - overall planning, developing, and implementing online and offline business strategies and Marketing / Communications programs to boost revenue and to raise brand recognition in the market.
- Together with the Communication Director and the team, develop communication strategies that meet the objectives of the company as well the global Maison. Strengthen awareness and desirability in Japan.
- Plan and implement effective and efficient integrated communication, whilst setting and reviewing relevant KPIs. Keep developing high visibility and qualitative exposure through media (print and digital).
Execute activities and monitor the progression. Modify direction of activities
- Establish strong connection and negotiation with editors, press, stylist and opinion leaders as well with media agency
- Define the relevant target audience together with the other functions
- Manage media investment and balance earned media (PR) as return
- Set the media strategies and action plans for all product and corporate projects and coordinate their implementation
- Be in the know of market/consumer trends and encourage creative and innovative thinking within and beyond the team, always pushing our boundaries further. Always look for new/innovative and impactful ways of expressing the brand
- Managing sample order / traffic and sample sales with team
- Organize of PR events: local press day, new product launches, store openings, etc.
- Management of PR result and report: Monitor PR results monthly/on project and report to the communication Director / HQ PR team
- Lead the collaboration with key external partners
• Core “window” with HQ Communication Team :Brand content; Media & PR
• External resource management: media agency, PR event agencies, suppliers
- Team management: Create an energized, engaged team fostering a feedback culture that promotes open communication and co-creation beyond teams and functions. Each member to be motivated to go for the extra mile, and to go beyond expectations, with a collaborative and creative spirit. Coach the subordinates to work efficiently
• Experience of 5-7 years in PR/Media
• A good understanding of the Japanese Media landscape and consumer behavior
• Experience working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment, with competing deadlines and priorities
• Strategic thinking/analytical skills
• Native level in Japanese language, Business level in English
•Excellent communication skills, leadership, strategic ability, proven creativity and initiative
• A good level of digital literacy
• Agility – being open, flexible, and adaptable
• Being innovative “thinks out of the box” and likes new challenges
• Strive for excellence, drive for results. Provide factual feedback on both skills and behavior in order to help each team member