My client is building a global professional services team to work on enterprise customer engagements around the world, and to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, they are looking for a Practice Development head, covering Japan, with strong strategic, operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills.
They are looking for someone who is passionate about leading a matrixed team of business operations specialists and working collaboratively with Senior Practice Managers in Japan to deliver business outcomes for our customers.
With that said, this is a role that balances strategic and administrative. Candidates need to be comfortable with leading the administrative function, including reporting, meeting management, line management of business operations staff, and process management. At the same time, we are not looking for an administrator or a business manager. Instead, we are looking for a strategic leader with the capability of leading and running lines of businesses.
· Reporting and Strategic Analysis; Candidate will work as an Editor-in-Chief with the Business Ops team and Japan Practice teams to compile consolidated monthly reports.
· Lead Business Review cadence; Candidate will need to define the framework of business review cadence, and lead, facilitate weekly, monthly and quarterly Japan Professional Services Business Reviews.
· Japan nation-wide Internal Program Leadership; Candidate will act as a Leader, Mentor, and Coach for internal program, driving action plans, helping to identify and resolve bottlenecks, mentoring volunteer leaders, and identifying opportunities to add (or remove) programs.
· Senior Leadership Team (SLT) Routines; Candidate will lead several leadership routines (agenda, logistics, content, calendaring, etc) including quarterly SLT strategic on-site meetings and bi-weekly Professional Services sync meetings.
· People Management Routines; Candidate will coordinate annual People Management routines (such as promo cycles, annual reviews, objectives setting and personal development planning, etc) to ensure that People Managers are aware of the People Management calendar of activities and that they are ahead of the game in preparing for these routines.
· Manage the Business Operations Community; Candidate will act as line manager for the Japan Business Operations team. In addition, the candidate will work with the APAC and Global Business Operations team to ensure process consistency globally.
· Up to 20% travel expected.
· Experience running a business
· Great, down-to-earth, business writing in English
· Strong Bias for Action, Ownership, Structured-approach to projects, and Strategic vision; a self-starting entrepreneur
· Experience supporting a regional Senior Leadership Team and ability to lead with a light touch across a complex matrix
· Ability to sniff out business risk well in advance
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
· Strong verbal communication in Japanese
· Data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams