My Client is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Their web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology.
You would use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers – from the world’s hottest startups to the largest enterprises – to understand their requirements and turn them into reality.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team focused on helping to drive overall market and technical strategy.
· Help define and prioritize the market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
· Set a strategic business development plan for target markets
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
· Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
· Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our web services, and that they have the technical resources required.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
· Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Experience with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling ability.