My client is building a global professional services team to work on enterprise customer engagements around the world, and to help their partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, they are looking for a Resource Manager for the Japan region. The ideal candidate is passionate about the operations of a business, has strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills and is excited about helping business optimize operations.
This individual will match the right talent with the right project at the right time. They will help us maximize our available capacity while avoiding employee burnout. They will work closely with practice managers, helping them assess staffing needs based on each project’s requirements, and let them know who on the team is available to work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Working with WW Resource Management team and local and regional enablement and operations teams, you will implement and execute mechanisms to capture resource demand, plans, and communicate resulting resource plans;
· Managing the availability of resources by maintaining up-to-date assignment information;
· Constantly monitoring resource assignments and time sheet data to ensure accuracy of forecast, to optimize the practices utilization performance while making considering what is best for our customers, and our employees.
· Proactively spotting projected bench time for consultants and work with Practice Managers to identify new assignments;
· Facilitate Cross-border resource mobility communicating with external advisory teams such as designated Corporate Tax, Legal, designated Immigration, HR etc;
· Maintaining up-to-date profiles of skills, knowledge, and competencies for practice resources;
· Conducts regular reviews with teams (project managers, team leads, and sub-practice heads of services) to plan consultant assignments, work through conflicts, and identify opportunities for consultants;
· Allocating designated staff and partners to designated projects;
· Working with engagement and practice managers to review and design work packages and resourcing plans to deliver against project deliverable while leveraging the best available staffing from internal regional resources, center of excellence staff, and partners;
Advertising open project assignments, and promoting the availability of consultants to encourage sharing of resources across regions to increase utilization;
· BA/BS academic degree, or equivalent
· 2-5 years overall business experience;
· Strong Excel skills and ability to create reports
· Ability to manage, educate, develop and consult with internal clients
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Problem solver
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
· Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels of the organization
Up to 10% travel expected.